วันอังคารที่ 12 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Wasatch Woman: Love Your Body Race Report

Wasatch Woman: Love Your Body Race Report: "

On Saturday 10/09/10 I competed in my first race. I walked 2 5K’s with my family as a child but I’m not counting those. I participated in the Wasatch Woman: Love Your Body 6K. I was one of 1800 women that participated. I was amazed at how many women were there. Women of all shapes and sizes, a couple even completed this race in their wheel chair. It was inspirational and amazing.

I’m slow, but that’s okay. I did the race with my SIL so the race music I prepped I didn’t even use. She is about 10 inches taller than me and her jog was my run, her speed walk was my jog. I really slowed her down but she stuck with me the entire race. I appreciated it. I ran the first mile with no stops, I was proud of myself. I know it’s not much but I’m improving. Then my asthma kicked in and I had to walk. I did the rest of the race in jog/walk intervals. I did make sure I finished strong and I ran the last 0.5 mile and I sprinted the last bit before the finish line. I thought my legs were going to fall off but I did it.

Do you remember THIS post about how I get distracted running outside. It was no different in this race. The race was at Thanksgiving Point through its beautiful gardens. I’ve never been to Thanksgiving Point before (even though it’s only 40 minutes away from my house) and I got side tracked by a few of the amazing features.
I was told the waterfall at Thanksgiving Point is the nation’s largest man made Waterfall. We ran past the side of it but I wanted to see it. So Angie and I ran down the huge soaking wet hill to see it, then we ran back up the great big hill.
I also got side tracked by the Italian Garden, it was really neat.
We also ran by the Secret Garden but we ran in it to take a look.
Unfortunately I don’t have any pictures from the race. I stole the pictures above from Thanksgiving Point’s website.

My race was mapped out to be 3.72 miles but with our detours through the garden it mapped out to be 4.2 miles on Angie’s Nike+. We finished the race in 1:01:43. I finished number 886 out of 1067 for the 6K. I wasn’t fast but I did it and I’m so proud of myself. I will only improve from here. I just need to keep with it.

I felt bad for the ladies that ran the 10K though. It turns out they sent them in the wrong direction somewhere and their race mapped out to be 7.2 miles instead of 6.2. Who knows maybe next year I will be able to do the 10K. Only time will tell.
"

0 แสดงความคิดเห็น: